Consortium of Belarusian and Lithuanian organizations under the auspices of the Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania) and the Institute "Political Sphere" (Belarus) is working at the moment on the preparation of the First International Congress of Belarusian Studies (Social Sciences), which will take place in Kaunas (Lithuania) on September 23-25, 2011.
The work will be organized in the following panels:
1. Belarus and the system of regional cooperation;
2. “Belarusian model”, 1991-2011: summary of two decades of development;
3. Soviet past in the regional perspective: (de-)(neo-)(post-)Sovietization;
4. Grand Duchy of Lithuania: the fact and the idea;
5. A nation in Central and Eastern Europe: community and identity;
6. Belarusian society and culture: strategies in the globalized world.
Suggested topics for public discussions:
1. Belarus and the Eastern Partnership initiative;
2. Elections in Belarus, 2008-2010: consequences and perspectives;
3. Belarus-Lithuania relations: state, perspectives and obstacles.
The deadline for applications is July 15, 2011.
View the full call for papers at http://istorija.vdu.lt/web/icbs/English_call.html