Test Development Specialist
Language Testing Division (LTD)
Salary: $38,754 - $54,813 FTE pay commensurate with education and experience
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week (full time)
Number of Openings: 2
Description of Duties:
Assist with research and test development for a large-scale, computer-delivered Spanish academic language assessment for Grades K-2 Spanish language speakers and learners.
* Assist in the development of test and item specifications
* Create test items for this grade cluster using test specifications as well as evaluate and revise items drafted by others
* Review grades K-2 text and graphics for content accuracy and grade-level appropriateness according to test specifications
* Coordinate item development tasks of external consultants to ensure timely delivery of test items
* Prepare and maintain a variety of files and records (research summary reports, bibliographies, etc.) in support of research efforts
* Write and review test materials and documents (charts, forms, schedules, etc.)
* Assist in the coordination of cognitive labs and the logistics of a large scale field test
* Write graphics descriptions, request graphics, and request graphics revisions
* Review, edit, proof, and prepare test forms and ancillary materials
* Perform key checks
* Other tasks as assigned
Minimum B.A /B.S. degree in Linguistics, Education, or related discipline. Master’s (in Elementary Education, Bilingual Education, Teaching, or Reading) preferred.
Successful candidate will have 3 or more years of experience working with Spanish speakers or learners in Grades K-2. Teaching experience in the areas of reading, assessment, literacy and/or content area instruction is desirable. A commitment to improving education, particularly for Spanish speakers, is essential. Ability to prioritize work, give attention to detail while meeting deadlines, and strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be highly proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Phyllis Tate, Recruitment 11-06/07
jobs at cal dot org
Attn: Recruitment 11-06/07
CAL provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. CAL is located in upper Northwest D.C., 2 blocks from the Tenleytown-A.U. Metro station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.