It is time already to start planning for the special issue 30.3 to be published in May 2013. With this call for proposals we are looking for (a) guest editor(s). If you are interested in becoming a guest editor, please submit a proposal that should have the following rubrics:
(1) name(s) and affiliation(s) of the guest editor(s)
(2) topic of the special issue
(3) rationale for the topic
(4) production timeline (containing such dates as deadlines for CfPs, authors, reviewers, revisions)
(5) short CV of each guest editor.
Informal enquiries as well as the formal proposal can be sent to Bryan and Mat at calicojournal at gmail dot com. The submission deadline for formal proposals is 30 September 2011.
Recent special issues of the CALICO Journal were on
* CALL software development. Essays in memory of James Pusack (ed. Ruth H. Sanders; issue 27.3 / May 2010)
* Second Language Development Theories and Technology-mediated Language Learning (eds. Bryan Smith and Steve L. Thorne; issue 28.2 / January 2011)
* CALL in Canada: Examples of Current Research (eds. Catherine Caws, Marie-Josée Hamel, & Mathias Schulze; issue 28.3 / May 2011)
CALICO Journal editors. [CALICO JOURNAL] Call for proposals: special issue. CALICO-L listserv (CALICO-L@LISTSERV.CALICO.ORG, 25 Jul 2011).