Freie Universität Berlin invites applications for its undergraduate FU-BEST (Berlin European Studies) program for Fall 2012 and beyond.
* Based on the U.S. academic calendar, FU-BEST offers a strong intensive German language program as well as an exciting menu of content courses taught mostly in English but also in part in German.
* There is no language prerequisite for participation in this program, but all participants are obligated to enroll on-site in German language training at their particular level.
* The content courses cover topics from a variety of disciplines, ranging from political science, history, philosophy, and sociology to music history, architecture, film studies, marketing/management, environmental studies, sociology, and art history.
* The program has hosted participants from a wide range of mostly U.S. colleges and universities, featuring a growing number of formal institutional partnerships. Student feedback has been very positive.
* Every semester features a week-long off-site excursion (in the case of Fall 2012, the participant group will be divided in two and will travel to Krakow/Warsaw and to Munich/Vienna, respectively), as well as local field-trips and cultural events.
· Participants are housed in homestays or single-occupancy apartments, but may also opt out of these choices if they set up their own housing sufficiently in advance of the program.
* Starting with the Fall 2012 semester, the program adds a new course to its curriculum: "History of Modern European Diplomacy". For a full listing of courses, please follow this link: http://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/fubest/prog/courses/index.html .
The application deadline for participation in the Fall 2012 semester is April 1, and October 15 for the Spring 2013 semester.
Students may apply directly to FU-BEST (after approval at their home institution) or via their home college/university (especially where an institutional partnership exists).
For full details on courses as well as other features of the program and application materials, please visit http://www.fubest.org and click on the many links to all the information and documents (including course syllabi).
FUBEST. [AATG-L] FU-BEST in Berlin invites student applications. AATG-L listserv (AATG@LISTSERV.IUPUI.EDU, 18 Jan 2012).