The University of Texas at Austin’s Department of Middle Eastern Studies and Arabic Flagship Program are pleased to announce the summer 2012 Arabic Summer Institute.
The institute is open to all qualified applicants.
- An intensive ten-week summer program equivalent to one full academic year of study
- Elementary, intermediate, and advanced training combining instruction in MSA and colloquial Arabic
- An emphasis on communicative teaching methodology
- A focus on building listening comprehension skills through Arabic media and current events
- A fully incorporated cultural program with lectures, hands-on workshops, and guest speakers
- A resident advisor to provide tutoring, advice, and guidance
- Dedicated, supportive faculty trained in Arabic pedagogy
- Meets FLAS fellowship requirements (speak to your home institution about applying)
- 29 May – 3 Aug 2012
- 12 credit hours for Elementary and Intermediate students
- 10 credit hours for Advanced students
- 22 contact hours per week
- $3800 tuition for both in-state and non-resident students
- Visit http://utarabicflagship.org/summer-institute/ to download the application.
- Priority deadline is 1 Mar 2012.
Please email or call if you have questions: utsummerinstitutes at austin dot utexas dot edu
512. 471. 9950
Arabic-L:PEDA:U of Texas 2012 Arabic Summer Institute. Arabic-L listserv (ARABIC-L@LISTSERV.BYU.EDU, 14 Feb 2012).