CALICO is now soliciting proposals for the next volume in its series to be published in spring 2015. The volume may be a single-authored monograph or edited volume and may treat any topic related to the field of CALL.
Proposals should include the following information:
1. name of the author(s)/editor(s) with CV or short bio;
2. tentative title;
3. description of how the book will contribute to the discipline;
4. outline of the scope and sequence of the book, including the number of chapters, their titles, and a brief synopsis of each;
5. if an edited volume, description of the procedures for soliciting and refereeing manuscripts for the chapters; and
6. if the book lends itself to multimedia inclusion, please describe what might be incorporated if the book were to be published in an e-book version as opposed to print.
Proposals should be submitted as a Word document attached to an email message sent toec06 at txstate dot edu or info at calico dot org no later than December 1, 2013.
Final decision will be made by the end of February 2014.
Recent volumes in this series:
2006 Calling on CALL: From theory and research to new directions in foreign language teaching, eds. Lara Ducate and Nike Arnold.
2007 Preparing and Developing Technology-proficient L2 Teachers, eds. Margaret Ann Kassen, Roberta Lavine, Kathryn Murphy-Judy, and Martine Peters
2008 Opening Doors through Distance Language Education: Principles, Perspectives, and Practices, eds. Senta Goertler and Paula Winke
2009 Next Generation: Social Networking and Online Collaboration in Foreign Language Teaching, eds. Lara Lomicka and Gillian Lord
2010 CALL in Limited Technology Contexts, ed. Joy Egbert
2011 Present and Future Promises of CALL (2nd edition of 2006), eds. Nike Arnold and Lara Ducate
2012 Technology Across Writing Contexts and Tasks, eds. Greg Kessler, Ana Oskoz, and Idoia Elola
2013 Design-Based Research in CALL, eds. Julio Rodríguez and Cristina Pardo-Ballester
Horn, E. Call for CALICO Book Proposals for 2015. CALICO-L listserv (CALICO-L@LISTSERV.CALICO.ORG, 19 Jun 2013).