Job description for French Teacher:
As a French immersion teacher you must possess native or near native fluency in French; teach elementary grade language, literature, writing and other core subjects to French immersion students; established individual performance goals; have good student management skills; work with other Immersion team members and administration.
Must possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher and have passed the PLACE or PRAXIS exam in Elementary Education or content area, or take either of the exams and pass within 90 days of hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach elementary grade level or in Content area standards-based curriculum in reading, writing, math, science, social studies and personal development.
• Maintain good classroom management.
• Follow school approved curriculums.
• Utilize knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices including small group instruction to teach content.
• Create a positive and effective school and classroom environment that supports the School's philosophy and goals and meets students' individual needs, supporting differentiated learning.
• Expose students to and promote French culture including music, calligraphy, dancing and art, history, food and clothing.
• Demonstrate familiarity and adherence to the School's mission and goals.
• Administer, score, interpret and apply required testing instruments, including state required tests.
• Complete, maintain, and submit accurate records, forms and reports.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Supervise the work of the classroom paraprofessional.
• Work with diverse student population and staff.
• Conduct daily planning and evaluation of student's needs and progress.
• Attend and participate in required pre-service and staff development meetings to coordinate teaching plans.
• Conduct required parent-teacher meetings.
• Perform other duties as requested.
This is a summary of the job description and should not be construed as a complete description. Contact school directly if interested. http://globalvillageacademy.org
Grim, F. [CCFLT] Global Village Fort Collins French teachers needed. CCFLT listserv (CCFLT@yahoogroups.com, 23 Jun 2013).